Large Print Book Donation
If you are looking to donate large print books, WRBH will accept them. Please make sure to call or email us before dropping them off.
Here are some other sources for those losing sight:
The Low Vision Clinic specializes in the assessment and treatment of low vision, including magnification and visual aids training.
National Federation of the Blind
- Low Vision Literature
This listing contains a wonderful assortment of brochures, flyers, articles, information packets, and even books available to peruse online or to order from our Independence Market. Learn about low vision options and opportunities today!
- Products–NFB Independence Market Online
Search for aids and appliances that can help you to accomplish everyday tasks despite vision loss. Order directly at our online store!
- Aids and Appliances Resource List
Here we provide contact information for a number of other companies selling blindness-related aids and appliances.
For more information about blindness, please contact the National Federation of the Blind’s Community Relations at 410-659-9314 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VisionAware is a partner site of American Foundation for the Blind where you can find:
- Free, practical tips and resources for adults with vision loss, their families, friends, caregivers, and related professionals
- Information on eye diseases and disorders
- Different ways to connect, including message boards and social media channels like Twitter and Facebook
- Breaking news on the latest developments in vision loss treatment via the VisionAware blog
- Directories of helpful services, products, and resources
AFB’s award-winning website that introduces children to the magic of braille through games, secret messages, and other fun activities.
The Braille Program offers beginner and advanced level classes for instruction in contracted and uncontracted Braille, a challenging, but rewarding form of communication.
The National Federation of the Blind provides general information on what Braille is and how it is used, as well as common myths and misconceptions regarding Braille. In addition, general Braille resources, such as Braille signage and literature, can also be found at this site.