We here at WRBH are happy to air public service announcements (PSAs). They are aired during the broadcast of On the Town program, which runs Monday-Friday at 3:00 p.m. The purpose of a PSA is to inform listeners in our area of upcoming events and activities. As a free community service of WRBH, PSAs are a very effective means of promotion. Please be sure to read and follow our guidelines and policy carefully before submitting information for a PSA. All accepted, edited and re-written content will be added to or deleted from a flexible rotation of announcements made available on 88.3 WRBH, the WRBH internet audio stream, and/or on the WRBH website.
PSA content does not receive the same semi-specific rotation as underwriting sponsorships. For more information on the community benefits of underwriting WRBH programming see our Underwriting Information Page.
WRBH welcomes PSAs for the following:
1. Concerts and other musical events related to WRBH’s program format (i.e., classical, jazz, some blues and roots);
2. Cultural, educational, environmental, civic, pet, weather recovery, and health-related events that, in our judgment, have an affinity with our community, audience, and the common good;
3. Fundraising events (to the extent of FCC regulations) which, in our judgment, have an affinity with our community, audience, education, and the common good.
WRBH will carefully consider, but may not accept, PSAs for the following:
1. Events that have narrow appeal to a small or specialized constituency (e.g., high school reunions, meetings of astrophysicists);
2. Political or advocacy events that have to do with a political party, advocacy group, candidacy, or issue. An exception may be made for a forum or debate at which all major candidates or all sides of an issue are represented;
3. Religious events, excluding concerts and other non-religious events at churches, synagogues, and other religious venues, or temporary relocation of services.
4. Routine or regular meetings of an organization.
Additional WRBH PSA Guidelines:
1. The organization sponsoring the event must be a bona fide 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. WRBH may request confirmation of nonprofit status.
2. To offer your organization the best possible service, PSAs should be received at WRBH a minimum two weeks prior to your event.
3. Please include: organization name; contact information; day, date, & time of event; location of event, and other information necessary.
4. WRBH selects a wide variety of PSAs to read over a one-week period.
5. Please be aware that we are unable to determine in advance how often, or when, your PSA will air. Because this is a free service, we are obligated to fulfill orders for paid underwriting announcements first. If you would like a guaranteed announcement during specified times, please see our Underwriting Information Page, and contact our Underwriting Representative.
6. PSAs are primarily intended to promote local events; however, selected statewide, regional, national, and international activities may be the subject of PSAs.
7. PSAs should be for time-specific events as opposed to ongoing promotions. PSAs are generally kept in rotation for no more than two weeks.
8. WRBH reserves the right to minimize the use of PSAs during WRBH membership drives, emergencies, and at any time when other obligations preclude the use of PSAs.
Your organization may contact our PSA Director by:
We’re sorry but we cannot accept information by telephone; however, in the event of a genuine, community-wide emergency, we are able to take information over the phone. If you have any questions about this PSA policy, please contact WRBH’s General Manager or Program Director at (504) 889-1144. Thank you for choosing WRBH to reach your constituency!
Click here for a list of some of the organizations WRBH has served through PSAs.